Steam canning is a method of water bath canning but by means of a steam canner.
- Reapproved in 2015 by Wisconsin and Utah state cooperative extensions
- Like a sauna for your jars if the water bath is a hot tub
- Same recipes as water bath/high acid recipes only
- Who is it not good for?
- Over 4000ish feet the processing time is limited- max run time of 45 minutes
- Quarts of longer process foods
- Why it is great
- No waiting for the second batch water to boil- 20+ minutes saved each time
- No heavy pot to lift/empty-safer
- No locking lid, very lightweight
- Easy to read dial
I steam can all my water bath canning recipes almost exclusively. I live at 3000 feet elevation. I love steam canning so much I’ve written an ebook all about it! You can buy the Steam Canning for Beginners ebook here!
Ready to start saving time by steam canning? Buy this one!
Leave a Reply